Sunday, April 22, 2007

Some Good News


My personal connection here is tenuous at best. I haven't even met the man, but he is my step-father-in-law's son-in-law. Freddie Rodriguez won yesterday's leg of pro-cycling's Tour de Georgia.

Just thought I'd share a bit of this with you. As far afield as this may seem to many, my father-in-law was beaming, insisting I go and see the story.

For those who may follow cycling, last year, on the Fourth of July, I was sitting at my in-laws, and watched with John as Freddy took a bad fall in a narrow street in Belgium. It was hours before John could get in touch with his daughter, in her hotel in France, and find out that he had "only" dislocated his shoulder. Because of Tour rules, Freddie was out of the race, but he had the rest of the month to recuperate and prepare for the August race in Spain. I am glad to see Freddie doing well, and all the best for the rest of the tour.

photo courtesy of cyclingnews.com/photos

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More