Wednesday, April 25, 2007

An Extra Music Post Because I Won't Be Here Saturday

To say I love Peter Townshend is an understatement. His solo album, Empty Glass is, in my not very humble at all opinion, flawless. There are about three albums of music I can listen to straight through and not feel an urge to hit the "skip" button on the CD player, and this is two of them. I didn't understand it when I first bought it when I was in high school. I wanted another Who's Next, and all I got was "Let My Love Open the Door" (which I now feel is one of the best Motown tribute songs ever written and recorded). The following video, from a 1993 performance, is the first track from Empty Glass, an ode to punk rock and punk rockers, "Rough Boys":

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More