Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Cornucopia Of Crazy (UPDATE)

ER provides links to a smorgasbord of stupid from some of the smallest minds on the right. What is most fun about these links? Why, you get to see just how silly and irrelevant the hard right has become. They are so unimaginative, they can only come up with nonsense to attempt to smear Sen. Obama - and often it is nonsense that has been repeated so often by those higher up the right-wing food chain, and debunked any number of times, one realizes that thought is foreign to them.

On one issue in particular, I would take a bit of a different tack. No, Obama is no Marxist. However, even if he were, that would hardly disqualify him from the Presidency. Like the claims that he is a Muslim, Colin Powell's response to this lie is far better than one floated around by so many of Obama's supporters: So freakin' what? Bush calls himself a Christian and look at the mess we're in right now; seems to me we could use a little spiritual injection from another source, as it were.

As to calling Obama a murderer because he supports abortion rights, well, that just stretches the bounds of moral reasoning so far as to make the entire process irrelevant. It shows how ridiculous "pro-life" arguments really are. I realize these people really do not think about this issue, and every time they are confronted with facts, they just curl up in a ball like an armadillo, but abortion isn't murder because a fetus isn't a human being. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. There is a case to be made against abortion-on-demand, but just calling it murder over and over again, and calling a fetus a person (in any sense of the term, legal, philosophical, day-to-day) mangles the language beyond recognition.

Without a doubt, the upcoming election of Barack Obama as President of the United States is driving many, many people over the edge of whatever precipice of reality they were heretofore perched upon. I do think the "Satan-Biden" sign is kind of funny, though, and I am hardly offended by it.

As to Neil, well, he is Neil, and those of us who have had dealings with him in the past understand how the game works. I do so love his "how can a tax cut be a tax cut for people who don't pay taxes?" bit. He does love is propositional logic, does Neil, as if proving some point this way actually means anything.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to what happens after next Tuesday. Mark has already said he might move to Canada, although I believe he would find our northern neighbor a bit inhospitable, because it is bilingual - all Canadians speak not just English but that that horrid Frog language - and multicultural and liberal (even its conservatives are far more liberal than most American liberals). Plus, their candy bars are different. As the meltdown continues on the right after the election next week, I do so hope that mental health professionals are gearing up for a serious run on Thorazine because these folks are going to need some assistance.

UPDATE: For your consideration, an extra bit of crazy.
I mention this because I firmly believe Barack Obama absolutely loathes my kind. This man will not be content to win the presidency. He will spend his waking hours thereafter not pursuing the legitimate goals of state, but punishing those who would dare to oppose him. The man is devoid of humility, or any sense of humor. He cannot humbly accept his incredibly lucky break in the crapshoot of American politics. The absolute lack of any pushback or intercessions on the part of the journalist class has rendered him peckish and intolerant of any dissention, if indeed he was not born that way.

This man truly hates. As only someone who is quite aware of his great shortcomings can hate. And like the second monkey he can hear, or tolerate, no evil.



I am not a reactionary person by nature, but trust me when I say the first 100 days of a Barack Obama presidency will bring holy hell upon those who adhere to a classical liberal philosophy. This man is a radical of the first stripe, and he has left no stone unturned in his quest. He has not committed voter fraud in the good old fashioned way. He has a vast network of ACORN operatives stealing votes through fraudulent means by the hundreds of thousands. This man has not committed campaign finance fraud in the good old fashioned way, squirrelling away Chinese monies like Bill Clinton. This cocksucker actually disabled his credit card verification system to allow tens of millions of illegal dollars to flow into his coffers from any number of enemies of the state. The droid army of the legacy press is aware of this, of course, but who wants to be the whistleblower once this man assumes power? No one. No fucking body. Wouldn't be prudent at this fucking juncture, as 41 might say.

Did I mention this man hates me? You and me? Yes he does. Why? Because he can. Yes He Can. Beneath that cool persona is a megalomaniac. Cool? Like Stalin after a purge, emotionally and sexually spent. Like Saddam after a torture session, dozing in his chair with someone's genitals curled in his fist. Like Pol Pot after a petit mal seizure, mumbling a litany of the dead. Cool that way.

So I will cast my pathetic vote, and ramp up my relocation to the mountains. Reduce my footprint. Carbon? That will be a nice byproduct, but I mean my personal footprint. My credit footprint. My interface with authority footprint. I'm researching micro-hydro water turbines for that stream, windmills for water, a half-acre patch for vegetables, a few goats, and a bison. Just because I want a fucking bison. My address? Fifty rounds up that gravel road.

I do hate to sound Randy Weaverish. But this is the fundament of my world view right now.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More