Friday, February 29, 2008

Saturday Rock Show A Day Early

Tomorrow I kick off my 2008 Mobile Disc Jockey season, so I won't be around. I mentioned Porcupine Tree last September, and have been listening, again, to their CD Deadwing, and I have to say that this video, as disturbing as the images are, captures the feeling of the band in a way that another "official" video might not. There is something dark about their music. Now, personally, I think the best song on this particular release is the 14-minute-long "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here", but the title track is also quite good. In fact, there really aren't any weak songs here. Enjoy, but prepare to be disturbed (the whole crossing out of the eyes thing . . . brrrr, gives me chills):

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More