Friday, September 21, 2007

Diplomatic Immunity From American Right-Wing Stupidity

I'm kind of with Josh Marshall on this - to quote Bugs Bunny, "What's all the hubbub, Bub?" The elected head of state of a foreign nation wants to lay a wreath at Ground Zero when he makes the trek to the opening of the UN General Assembly session in New York City. That the leader in question happens to be Iranian President Ahmed Amedinajad seems to have a whole bunch of people frothing at the mouth. The only reason for said frothing, from my own perspective, is ignorant hatred. Period.

If it weren't bad enough that there is all sorts of carrying on about this, Crooks and Liars adds this little tidbit of information:
The ever irresponsible Michelle Malkin is fanning the flames and trying to organize a “welcoming party.” And if she incites enough rage and recklessness to get someone killed, she will be equally outraged if anyone says it is her fault.

There are some fake controversies that I simply fail to understand. Of course, I don't think Amedinajad is crazy, and I don't think it unseemly for a head of state to wish to honor the dead at the site of the World Trade Center, nor do I think it seemly for the United States government to deny such a request. But, what do I know?

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More