Friday, May 04, 2007

Does George Soros Rule My World? Not yet . . . but here' s hoping

I hadn't even heard of Soros until 200o or so. My first inkling was when I read about something called The Open Society Institute. As a Sir Karl Popper reader, I recognized immediately the reference to Popper's foray into political philosophy (relatively unimaginative, although I found his smackdown of Aristotle hilarious, and his generally favorable views on Marx interesting in light of the entire project); I ignored him, as I do most such things.

Now, it seems, Soros is behind everything we lefties do. Criticizing Bill O'Reilly. Criticizing empty-headed right-wing bloggers. Funding left-wing web-sites. Of course, Rupert Murdoch threw his support behind Hillary Clinton, not once but twice, through his NY Post newspaper chain, and did so with gusto. Murdoch, however, who actually is a pretty nefarious character, is nothing to the relatively transparent Soros, whose machinations are held in awe by the thoughtless among us. In light of my dawning realization on how much I am missing out, I am penning the following open letter to George:

George (may I call you George? You seem like a nice enough guy. . . OK, sorry, I'll start again)

Ahem.

Mr. Soros, sir. Could you fund this blog? I promise I will always call Bill O'Reilly an empty-headed, barely sane doofus. I promise I will post at least once a day with a link to Media Matters. I promise I will make sure that the Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy, which you direct from your bunker somewhere in an undisclosed location, will triumph in a one-world state ruled by puppets, sycophants, and traitors to all that is good and true and right in the world.

Actually, if you send me money, I will keep doing what I'm doing, regardless. I have no shame. You can email me through my profile for the information. Better yet, come to my wife's church and hand me the check in person.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More