Sunday, April 29, 2007

Some Quick Information for Goat, Who Is Ignorant

I had some fun the other day, looking up videos and such and putting them here. First, I put up three videos from bands I consider important heavy metal bands, one of which, Metallica, I happened to listen to frequently until they started to suck. The later post was to show that I know a bit more about heavy metal than just the bands everyone else knows about. Napalm Death is only important to me because they were instrumental in working for one of my favorite bands, Dream Theater. Nuclear Assault was one of the first thrash metal bands I heard that was both intelligent and political (a mid-'80's song of theirs that I liked at the time was "Think for yourself"; kind of sums it all up for me). Iced Earth I put up because . . . well, because frankly they are everything that I think is wrong with heavy metal today. Ripping off Iron Maiden (why would anyone do that anyway?) and penning really bad songs that are WAAAAAYYYYY too long . . . Excuse me while I snore. Incidentally, I was going to post Manowar, but they suck even more. Gwar . . . ugh! Who could possibly even take them as a joke? My point was to have fun, and to recognize that these bands, while hardly musical in the ways the recently-late Rostropovich was musical, have certain merits (except for Iced Earth, who just have a lead singer with really long hair) within the context of heavy metal. It is what it is, and shouldn't be taken too seriously at all.

Goat wants to challenge me musically. Fine, I'll take on most people (except for Jim Bush-Resko, who taught me more about music, and music appreciation than anyone else in my life), but don't post something which shows that you didn't even take the time to read my comments on the videos I was posting. Goat, you posted "LMAO" after writing that "you have just discovered" Metallica. Of course, I did not "just discover" them, and I didn't so much laugh my ass off at you, as shake my head at your utter ignorance and stupidity.

To quote your President, Goat, "Bring it on." Any time, any place, just give me a moment each time to rifle through my 400 or so CDs to get what I need and I'll be there.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More