Friday, October 14, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 29

I was scanning some old photos this summer and discovered, much to my chagrin, that several of them had scanned black and white. Then, I found that there's a button on our three-in-one scanner/copier/printer that, when pushed, rendered the pictures in b&w. I went back and looked and some of them actually turned out . . . interesting.


Gretchen was particularly photogenic in b&w, being a Harlequin.


This photo of Lisa with then-presiding Bishop Joe Sprague burning the mortgage on the parsonage for Community UMC in LaMoille, IL looks like a newspaper photo. Actually, I took it on a disposable camera. Such is what happens when pictures are rendered b&w.


Lisa and her mother, the day Lisa graduated from Wesley Theological Seminary.

In the category of real b&w photos, at my the recent party celebrating my father's 90th birthday, my cousin put together a small memory book. In it was something I, nearing 46 years old, had never seen - a wedding photo of my parents. March 31, 1954.


Hint: For the last day, expect the unexpected.

Lisa makes hay while the sun shines. Randall captures Cleveland's cheery side.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More