Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm Not Gay But I Would So Do Matt Taibbi If He Asked

Because of pieces of writing like this one. Just a snippet so you grasp why he's my major man-crush at the moment.
And the really funny thing about Brooks’s take on populists… I mean, I’m a member of the same Yuppie upper class that Brooks belongs to. I can’t speak for the other “populists” that Brooks might be referring to, but in my case for sure, my attitude toward the likes of Lloyd Blankfein and Hank Paulson has nothing to do with class anger.

I don’t hate these guys because they’re rich and went to fancy private schools. Hell, I’m rich and went to a fancy private school. I look at these people as my cultural peers and what angers me about them is that, with many coming from backgrounds similar to mine, these guys chose to go into a life of crime and did so in a way that is going to fuck things up for everyone, rich and poor, for a generation.

Giving David Brooks the smacking around he deserves. Read the whole thing. 'Tis a thing of beauty.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More