Angry Ballerina has tagged me with a list-meme, so here goes a bit of navel gazing:
1. Fears - night-time home invasion
2. Things I like - lobster bisque; smart, strong-willed women; any music that's good; sitting down with a good book; kissing my wife; sitting with my children at night
3. Things I do not like - wax beans; apple sauce (it feels like vomit in my mouth); people who don't use turn signals; listening to Toby Keith or Nickelback
4. First kiss - embarrassingly, I do not remember her name; my first real girlfriend for all too brief a time was named Holly, and she did much better when she hooked up with my best friend for a year and a half (we've reconnected over the past year and are becoming friends again)
5. First job - swim instructor
6. Favorite books - if trapped on an islancd, and given a choice of only five books, they would be Waiting for the Galactic Bus, One Hundred Years of Solitude, A Suitable Boy, Jonathan Strange and Mister Norrell, and Church Dogmatics, Volume IV, Part 2: The Doctrine of Reconciliation
7. Quirks - I am a bit of a slob at home (my wife will heartily agree), but I am almost obsessively neat about my work space
8. I once stood and chatted with Edwin Meece when he was Attorney General.
9. I was forty years old before I decided I really did like pie after all, and now cannot get enough of it.
10. I had a crush on the same girl from about fifth grade through my senior year of high school, and despite the fact that we were close friends, I never quite got over the initial "crush" thing. No, I will not give names, because I think some folks from school read this site, and I have no intention of embarrassing myself (or her) by giving her name.
I now turn it over to ER and Marshall Art. Gentlemen?