Sunday, November 11, 2007

. . . And The Deficit Is Clinton's Fault, And The Anthrax Letters Were Sent By Clinton, And The Housing Bubble Collapse Is Clinton's Fault . . .

I had seen the headline this morning, but other things got in my way - church, sleeping so I could work tonight - but I returned to the full story, and it is one of those that put me on the point of a pin. Do I laugh hysterically, or weep? Is there any chance that any journalist, reputable or not, will ask him, "Mayor Giuliani, are you serious, or was the crack just kicking in?"

If you're wondering what I'm on about, click here and just read the headline. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Did you do it?

If not, I shall quote from the story. Ahem:
Here's the top story out of the Iowa local press: Rudy Giuliani told an audience at Iowa State University that the American military needs to be bigger, and he lashed out at Bill Clinton for cutting the military during the 1990's.

"Our military is too small to deal with the Islamic terrorism threats," Giuliani said, "but it really is too small to deter would-be aggressors to even think of challenging us. And that's due to Bill Clinton."

While he's at it, why doesn't he just go ahead and say that Bill Clinton planned 9/11, helped Osama escape in Tora Bora, set the fires in southern California, and weakened the levees in New Orleans so the city would flood during a hurricane. All of these claims make as much sense as Giuliani's.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More