Friday, April 23, 2010

The DaVinci Code On My Car

This is truly stupid. It's one thing for me to say this guy is kind of ignorant. It's another thing for me to be glad he parades that ignorance for all the world to see, rather than hiding his light under a bushel.

For the VA DMV to recall his vanity tag based on a kind of convoluted "symbolic message" . . .

Back when I lived in the Commonwealth, they DMV recalled a tag in the northern VA Washington suburbs that read "Two Dykes". People screamed and hollered, including myself. As far as I'm concerned, even if this is some secret code praising a German dictator against whom the US fought a war, responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of human beings, if this dork in VA wants to drive around letting people know where he stands, so much the better.

You either allow vanity plates or you don't.

Sorry, but this is a free speech issue for me.

I drive a Kia. Next thing you know, people will find a secret message encoded in that word, or perhaps the model, a Sentra. This is truly, awfully stupid and bordering on unconstitutional infringement.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More