Sunday, April 18, 2010

An Appeal For Information

I read this review of a biography of C. Wright Mills, and a couple things occurred to me. First, that I really don't know much more than that he was a radical critic during a time of intellectual conformity (a pretty typical view, and one challenged by the biography under review).

Second, what occurred to me is that much of Mills description of the way the interests of the various sectors of American elite society intersect reminds me of my own thoughts on my first reading of Noam Chomsky. His description of the way consensus is formed on foreign policy in America is remarkably similar to the description of Mills' The Power Elite given in this review.

So, has there been any work done on the relationship between Mills and Chomsky? Are Mills' works still available?

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More