Saturday, October 18, 2008

I've Got Five Minutes . . .

Last night I had a wedding reception to DJ. The bride had wonderful, eclectic taste in music. The fist two videos were songs she requested I play during the dance portion of the reception. Suffice it to say I don't get a lot of requests for these, but I was happy to do so.

That was Blur with "Song 2". The next is Orgy's "Blue Monday":

I had to keep a hand on the faders for the garter-removal song. This is a great one, although it might offend some readers with tender sensibilities. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails (the bride confessed she would have Trent Reznor's baby). The thing I love best about this video is how much it reminds of German surrealist films of the silent era. It really is brilliant:

Today's wedding reception does not promise nearly as much fun . . .

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More