Friday, September 12, 2008

New Obama Ads - A B-minus On The Curve

Christy puts up two new Obama ads:


And . . .


She then asks what we think. Overall, considering the tone the campaign has taken, the absolute refusal of John McCain to deal with issues, and the flagrant disregard for the truth or for the intelligence of the American people, I think these are, all in all, pretty wimpy. I have, below, a video feed from an Obama campaign stop in Terre Haute, IN which would have been much better. The first ad has the virtue of being kind of funny - I had flashbacks to my high school days with the picture of the TRS-80 and a Rubick's Cube - but the second ad, I am sorry to say, just comes across as pathetic, Obama begging to be heard above the din.

I am impressed with Obama's insistence on running "a different kind of campaign". By telegraphing ahead of time that he wasn't going to get all sleazy, he opened the flood gates to Republican operatives like McCain campaign chair Rick Davis to beat the crap out of him. He has hit back hard at times, but the attacks by the Republican nominee have been constant, unremitting. They are also ten pounds of shit in a two pound bag, but I honestly believe they couldn't care less.

I hate to say this, but while I am not - yet - panicked, I am concerned that Obama has allowed the McCain/Palin campaign not only to set the agenda and tone of the campaign, but receive by far the greater amount of coverage over the past few weeks. A few more, and better, more hard-hitting ads, I think would boost this Obama/Biden supporter's confidence.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More