Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday Rock Show

I've been treating myself to some new music recently. Two weeks ago, I purchased Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet. On Monday, I got their Lightbulb Sun CD, remastered. Last night, along with Porcupine Tree's live DVD Arriving Somewhere, I purchased Scarsick by the Swedish band Pain of Salvation. They are different in so many ways, and so good.

I first heard of them when I purchased Transatlantic's Live in Europe DVD. Daniel Gildenlow, the song-writer for PoS, was on stage as a sideman, playing guitar and keyboards and helping out on backing vocals. I have resigned myself to not being able to get hold of any of their releases until I found out that Best Buy has a much better variety of CDs than Borders. This is the song "Cribcaged" from Scabscar. If this is your cup of tea, enjoy. If not, well you can always stop the song.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More