Monday, June 09, 2008

McCain Lie Watch

With Obama firmly in place as the Democratic nominee, and John McCain trudging with his walker to November, I think it only fair that we keep an eye on the way McCain's almost daily prevarications, confabulations, and malapropisms play out in our national press. Much has been made over Barack Obama misstating which German camp his uncle participated in liberating, which while puerile, is also fair. In the interest of furthering fairness, I think it important that we highlight the other nominees . . . occasional . . . misstatements (?). From Think Progress
In a recent interview with Newsweek, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) denied saying in a recent speech that “the media often overlooked how compassionately” Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) “spoke to the concerns and dreams of millions of Americans.” “I did not [say that] — that was in prepared remarks, and I did not [say it],” McCain told the reporters. “I’m not in the business of commenting on the press and their coverage or not coverage.” But as Politico’s Jonathan Martin points out, the video of his speech shows that McCain actually did say it.

I didn't make it up. I just put it out there for you to see.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More