Saturday, July 07, 2007

Saturday Rock Show

Our local paper is having a little contest. People are invited to send in their lists of the best summer songs. They will be put together for a story. I really don't have a list of "summer songs" myself, although there are individual songs that remind me of summer, or of specific events in summers past. Why don't you send in a song or two or three you might want to see highlighted.

In order to get the ball rolling, why not Joe Satriani's "Summer Song"?


Two things after watching the video all the way through. Yes, this song does remind me of summer, specifically the late summer of 1992.

Second, I feel sorry for the rhythm guitarist who has to play behind Satriani. Notice he isn't turned up very loud in the mix . . .

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More