Monday, April 09, 2007

Music Monday

I've given up my music crit blog, due to my innate inability to do two things at once. So, rather than divide up my time, I will just, occasionally, write about music here. Or just post music videos, now that I know how. First, here is a live clip (from a cell phone, I think) of one my of my favorite bands, Dead Soul Tribe, performing the song that first caught my attention, "Some Things You Can't Return":

Second, is the German band Sieges Even, with the only video I could find. Both the sound and video quality do not convey their musical ability, or the singer's beautiful voice. Or maybe they just suck live. This is "The Weight":

Finally, there's Ozric Tentacles. You either get what they are doing (with or without hallucinogens) or you don't. I do, sans chemicals, and they are without a doubt the most innovative, interesting band around, picking up and incorporating everything after filtered through a synthesizer. This is "Chewier"(all their songs are instrumentals, basically roughly structured jams):

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More