Sunday, June 03, 2012

Place-Holding Invitation To Share What You're Listening To

See what I did there, ending the post-title with a preposition? Bad me.

Back in January, I mentioned internet music/radio site Spotify. I have come to love it in many wonderful ways, not least because it allows listeners to create all sorts of playlists. Because I'm simple-minded, I have just one, though, unimaginatively called "My Faves". It currently holds 341 tracks, to which I keep adding all sorts of goodies all the time. Below are ten songs, only the first of which is non-random, because when you open Spotify, you have to choose a song with which to begin, then the shuffle takes over and who knows where you'll land.

The challenge, should you choose to accept it, is this: What are you listening to? Pandora? Spotify? Slacker Radio? iTunes? What's on your playlist, either on purpose or by accident? Please share with me because I'm a nosy-nelly.
This Beat Goes On/Switching To Glide - The Kings 
Midnight Rider (Live at Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame) - Allman Brothers Band 
Mellow Down Easy (Live) - Black Crowes 
Subdivisions - Rush 
Soulful Terrain - Eric Johnson 
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure 
Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival 
Avalon - Roxy Music 
Pretty Lives - John Wesley 
September - Earth, Wind, and Fire

For those paying attention, that last one is doubly evil. It's a song about losing your virginity, by a band named after three of the four classic elements; Maurice White was a big follower of astrology, and linked it to ancient Egyptian and sub-Saharan African religions. So, paganism, which everyone knows are just demons in costumes.

And Robert Smith of The Cure was androgynous which violates some verse in the Bible that no one can point to.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More