Monday, October 17, 2011

You're Never Too Old To Have A Crush On Someone Famous

My favorite line from WKRP in Cincinatti has always been, "Hey Venus, let's go look at some Carly Simon album covers." See, my oldest sister had a couple old Carly Simon records, so I knew instantly what Johnny Fever was talking about.


When I was a teenager, there was only one female performer who impressed me . . . umm . . . that way. Grace Slick. Man . . .


I entered adulthood free from the kinds of juvenile attachments to celebrities that are the domain of youth.

Then, I saw Cassandra Wilson perform.



The voice and the person go together to create this aura of transcendent beauty. She is one of the few people who, if I managed to actually meet, I would be at a complete loss as to what to say. She's probably smack me to get my eyes back in their sockets.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More