Tuesday, October 04, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 20

I'll admit it. I had to look up "bokeh". I thought it was a typo of "broken", and had something else planned.

In the end, what I got, while perhaps not "bokeh", nonetheless fits the bill for what I read. Part of the image is still. Another part is blurred. Some other participants have the subject clear, with the rest blurred. I went for a blurred subject. If this is wrong, well, mea culpa.

If there is anything my daughter Miriam enjoys more than the simple freedom of childhood in all its forms, I don't know what that might be. She is a person who embraces all the excitement and joy of each day, and expresses it - sometimes loudly! - with verve, gusto, and always always always a smile. Moriah is my thoughtful one, the more sober, serious older child. Miriam, though, takes it all in both hands, laughing and transparent in what seems to be her apparent conviction that her smile and charm will cover a multitude of sins. She may well be right.

An exemplar of this attitude is the endless hours she spends on our trampoline.


The child defies gravity, and common sense, by doing flips. More power to her, I say.


I hope when she's my age, and scenes like this make her bladder weak and her back hurt just from watching, she remembers when she was so fearless, so sure that life was all hers.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More