Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Clarence Clemons, R.I.P.



I was saddened to hear that Bruce Springsteen's longtime saxophone player, Clarence Clemons, passed away from complications from a stroke.

I was even more sad to hear he was 69 years old.

Sixty-nine.

Good God, we really are getting old. All of us.

Rest in peace, Big Man. Something tells me you were greeted by someone yelling, "It's the Master of DisASter!" If you blow the solo in "Jungleland", remember it helped a little kid understand what a good rock-and-roll sax solo could be.

Oh, and Clemons didn't just play with Bruce. He also toured with Jerry.



Some randomness, what do you say?

Tears in My Eyes - Uriah Heep
Brokedown Palace - The Dead (Allstate Arena, 5/5/09)
El Becko - Jeff Beck
Die Young - Black Sabbath
Feuer Frei - Rammstein
Stinkfist - Tool
Orbits - Miles Davis Quintet
Lift Me Up - Yes
Frame by Frame - King Crimson
Mint Car - The Cure


Thanks to David Dye and The World Cafe for turning me on to Elbow. A little bit of Peter Gabriel, but a whole lot of Elbow.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More