Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Speechless (UPDATE)

I urgently wish that anyone wanting insight in to the "mind" of our modern conservative read this. From the title right through the comments, this is the biggest bunch of hokum, nonsense, BS, and downright silliness I have read since yesterday. It surpasses the whole "touch your own penis and spend eternity in hell!" business because it makes all sorts of sweeping generalizations and accusations because the guy writing the post was inconvenienced on a country road.

Yeah. This guy again.

Rather than address any "points" in his "argument", I just say that the level of his rage continues to rise. If you live in the Fredericksburg, VA area, you might want to stay indoors because when this guy flips his lid, I don't think you want to be in the line of fire.

UPDATE: OK, now I've had some thoughts . . .

When I was growing up, my parents taught me that those who bragged usually did so because, inside, they really felt inadequate in some way. Life experience has shown me the basic truth of this insight. Anyone who brags about his manliness, his achievements as a lover, what have you, usually is hiding a mass of insecurities behind a bunch of words.

A blog post calling the whole country a bunch of wimps probably means the person who wrote it fears, more than anything else, that he is a wimp.

A blog post insisting that exercise is unhealthy is usually written by those who need to incorporate exercise in to their lives.

A blog post saying that the ignorance of our ancestors is superior to the knowledge of our current age in regard to healthy diet usually means the person in question eats an unhealthy diet.

Hiding behind a Mittyesque pose of excessive intelligence and masculinity is, in all probability, an excessive fear of ignorance and effeminate qualities.

I hate armchair psychoanalyzing but in a case like this, I really don't know how else to square what is happening. This entire post reeks of psychological baggage.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More