Friday, May 28, 2010

Stuff

The weekend's here, it's a holiday weekend, and we've got packing to get done, fun to be had, and, yes, I just succumbed to temptation and hopped on the Twitter bandwagon.

I have lingering guilt from an incident playing catch with my daughters yesterday. Moriah missed a high lob - even thought she was perfectly positioned to catch it! - when the ball bonked her right above her right eye. Needless to say I still feel a horrible Dad. Ugh.

I feel like I have so much to digest from my perusals of various items on the internet - agnotology and its various guises; more and better discussions with people who actually think, and are willing to stand corrected; the culture of cultural elitism - and am feeling quite excited about my prospects for the future.

The weather here on the northern prairie is so beautiful, I wish I could bottle it for days in November or February when it sucks.

God has richly blessed my life with friends and family. I sometimes marvel at all the things in my life, few of which (other than guilt, of course) I deserve. Grace abounds and is apparent in every waking and sleeping moment of my life.

I would be remiss as a blogger if I did not remind everyone (as if reminding were necessary!) that we need to hold the memories of our fallen service members in our thoughts and prayers on Monday. We sleep safe at night because these folks gave the last full measure. Beside the Constitution to which they swear fealty, it is to them that we owe so much, and for which we have so much to be thankful as Americans.

Eat something cooked on a barbecue this weekend. Kiss someone you love. Listen to a child laugh. Make sure your favorite songs make a soundtrack to your days.

And brush and floss three times a day.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More