Saturday, May 29, 2010

Apparently, He's Like This In Real Life, Too

Wow.

My 18-year-old niece is my friend on Facebook. The first time I saw that she had typed some profanity, yes, I admit, I was taken aback. Not because I believe it shows a lack of class, or is an affront to the Almighty. She's my niece, and I guess I think of her as this little kid, instead of a young woman just weeks away from graduating high school. After the initial shock wore off, I have come to chuckle at those FB status updates that include some colorful language.

What strikes me most about this is the sheer effrontery. His niece seems quite clear she neither desires nor cares for his advice, yet Marshall goes ahead and gives it anyway, as if his profession of "love" covers the sin of being a fussypants busybody in his niece's life.

I just learned a whole lot about this guy. . .

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More