Monday, October 26, 2009

Pointless

Via Crooks and Liars, I stumbled across this little tid-bit of dumb. In all honesty, why do people even bother?

This is the kind of undergraduate-debate-society topic that resolves nothing, creates more tension and anxiety than it relieves, and offers little hope of real communication.

Had I been present, I might just have said something like, "God does not ask us to be good, God asks us to be faithful in love. Whatever flows from that is, by definition, good whether or not it conforms to whatever passes for morality." Since the whole issue begs far more questions than it settles, I can't really say I find it either meaningful or interesting.

But, then again, I'm a false teacher, so what do I know.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More