Monday, September 21, 2009

Music For Your Monday

I owe this one to Kirsten. She went to the Oklahoma City Philharmonic's opening night performance, and along with Stravinsky's Firebird Suite (which, among many other notable things, was used to open Yes concerts for years) included Anton Dvorak's cello concerto in B minor. I hadn't heard it - a person can't hear everything! - but I found it, and it is a marvelous example of romantic orchestral music. All that tension and release, don't you know . . .

So, thanks, Kirsten, for the information. I have discovered yet another wonderful piece of music I now have to spend money to call my own! I thought I'd share it with those not fortunate enough to get to the OKC Philharmonic on Saturday.













For those who like to know who the players are, that's Paul Fournier on cello, performing with the Orchestre National de l'ORTF, Sergiu Celibidache conducting.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More