I got tagged with this over at Facebook, and I wasn't very happy with the results, so I'm going to change it up a bit. Not owning an iPod or MP3 player, but a 300-disc CD player, I have it broken up into several different categories. The first five questions will be linked to The Grateful Dead. The second five to jazz. The third five will be directed at contemporary progressive rock. The last five to some serious classic rock and roll. Now, I'm not saying the results will be better, just more organized (?). I'm tagging Alan, only because he's the only one I'm sure has an iPod.
Try it and tag me so I can read it. An easy way to get good music titles from your friends unless they own mondo ipods and put all kinds of crazy crap on them.
1. Put your iPod, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
4. No editorial comments, no matter how tempted you are to make them!
5. Pick ten or more Random friends who like music as much as you do and tag them.
1) IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
"Black Peter" by The Grateful Dead
2) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
"The Other One" by The Grateful Dead
3) WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A MAN/WOMAN?
"Mississippi Halfstep Uptown Toodeloo" by The Grateful Dead
4) HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"Dupree's Diamond Blues" by The Grateful Dead
5) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE PURPOSE?
"Just a Little Light" by The Grateful Dead
6) WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
"Sunlight" by Pat Metheny
7) WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Body and Soul" by Benny Goodman from the Carnegie Hall Concert
8) WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"Boogie Stop Shuffle" by Charles Mingus
9) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"Bitches Brew" by Miles Davis
10) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
"So May It Secretly Begin" by the Pat Metheny Trio Live
11) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"The Mirror" by Dream Theater
12) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"Disclosure" by Ayreon
13) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU GROW UP?
"Freedom of Speech" by Liquid Tension Experiment
14) WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Hard as Love" by Marillion
15) WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTERESTS?
"All of the Above" by Transatlantic Live in Europe
16) WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
"Walking In The Wind" by Traffic
17) WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" by Steve Howe, Annie Haslam, vocals
18) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"Bell Boy" by The Who
19) SONG THEY WILL PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Trouble No More" by The Allman Brothers Band
20) WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band and Bob Dylan from After the Flood
Didn't work much better, I think.