Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Reluctant Doesn't Mean "Every Chance I Get"

During a flight to Colombia, Sen. John McCain not only reacted with anger to a reporter's question concerning the relevance of his Vietnam War experience to being President of the United States. That is a given - the guy has a short fuse, and being questioned like that is impertinent. After having a couple BFF's run interference for him while he counted to one hundred, he gathered himself together and explained his initial reaction as follows:
"I kind of reacted the way I did because I have a reluctance to talk about my experiences," he said, noting that he has huge admiration for the "heroes" who served with him in the POW camp and said the experience taught him to love the U.S. because he missed it so much.

"I am always reluctant to talk about these things," McCain said.

This is funny provided for free, folks. The guy uses this talking point every chance he gets.

He's so reluctant, he's even used it in TV ads.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More