Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gazing In Wild Wonder

I think the internet is a marvelous tool. I think it is possible for ordinary people like me to take in and share all sorts of information with pretty much the whole world. News, politics, science, the arts; it's all there for the taking.

I also am a firm proponent of having as open an internet as possible. Anyone and everyone should have access to whatever they want. Jump in with both feet, even if they're occasionally planted in your mouth, I say! Be bold and brave.

Then again, because it's open to everyone, some folks out there are just . . . well, see for yourself. The following includes some extreme vulgarity, so, you know, tread with caution.
Recently (May 8th to be exact) I did a post on potty-mouthed golf caddy George Tierney of Greenville South Carolina who, for some reason, took offense when Sandra Fluke went on Twitter and voiced her support for a bill that would protect the rights of working women when they get pregnant.
Misunderstanding how the Twitter works, George Tierney of Greenville South Carolina seemed to think he was using his “inside voice” when speaking (twatting) to Ms. Fluke on Twitter only to find out, in a very round-about way, that she elected to retweet to her 36,000 followers what George Tierney of Greenville South Carolina had to say to her and she only did this because she is obviously racist against douchebags who like to shout stuff at ladies on the internet because, as we like to say: virtual manhood is better than no manhood at all. --snip-- So eight days after I shared The Magic of George Tierney of Greenville South Carolina he wrote an email to my patron d’art, as follows:
Whoever runs this site needs to take my damn comments off of it. I did not give you permission, nor did you ask me for it. It shows up on google and I will see a lawyer if this doesnt disappear. Ask me before posting bullshit about me. You fuckers had no right. Sincerely, George Tierney Jr
The only thing classier than those tweets is threatening to sue someone because you don't know how the internet works. There are a couple subsequent posts detailing Tierney's Twitter War with a couple folks having a bit of fun with him, because baiting someone who seems to have a couple issues with anger and self-control can be fun, even if it ends up with nothing more than learning a new insult, "fuckhop".

I appreciate Marshall Art a whole lot more now, let me tell you.

We move now from the random slightly crazy person who was on the receiving end of that whole fifteen minutes of fame thing only to realize what a fickle lover she is, to a website that seems to be WorldNetDaily meets Weekly World News. Called Before It's News, it is an example of what's called "Citizen Journalism", or, "Our unverified rumors are better than the Times' or the Post's so there." What do all those scrappy site members dig up, "before it's news"?
Obamacare: The Foot in the Door for Communism
Russians Build FEMA Camps For Americans On Alaska Islands
Congress Seeks To Establish Ministry of Truth!
And, my personal favorite, although it will never beat "Headless Man Found At Topless Bar":
Giant Killer Mice Decimating Rare Seabirds
While it doesn't have that dash of outre that comes with calling a young woman one has never met a cunt, not to mention that marvelous "fuckchop", it's this kind of thing that keeps the internet from getting boring. Oh, and if Scott Tierney wants to sue me, he can email me the threat, then I'll publish it here, and he can figure out I'm really a woman named Jennifer. Like the kids say, mad skills.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More