Friday, August 28, 2009

Struggle

I'm just not sure what to do with this.
"To be honest with you, I have prayed for Obama to die. I'm not the only one, I'm just the only one with the spine to say it."

One thing I detest are people who simply write others out of the Christian faith over this or that little point of doctrine or practice.

But praying for the death of any human being . . . especially the President of the United States, regardless of party. . .

I'm saddened by this. I'm disgusted by this. I'm angered by this. I'm struggling to figure out how to respond to this.

Wolf in sheep's clothing, says part of me.

Testing positive for a spirit of hatred, says another part of me.

God is about life, and having it more abundantly; praying for death is antithetical to everything I profess God to be about. It is the opposite of my confession of Jesus as the crucified and risen Savior.

I think more than angry, I am just hurt right now. This is a blight on all Christians. God, forgive my anger and sadness.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More