Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Cesspool I Want To Visit

When I was a kid we had a whole bunch of those Peanuts comic collections around the house. Great for that quiet time in the only private room in the house. In one of them, Lucy is reading a bunch of statistics on the really poor prospects a classical musician has for the future. Schroeder asks her where she is getting them and she says, "I just made them up."

I think of that every time I hear of Bill O'Reilly spouting off about how horrid Europe is, or Canada is. Do these people even care anymore? Are they so dumb that they don't know that it's possible to check these claims out, or are they hoping that no one will? The former is actually more worrisome, because that just makes the point that they are nihilists. That is, they don't really care one way or another about anything at all. Anyway, I found this little vid at Sadly, No! which shows what a horrid place Amsterdam is, in light of a Factor piece on the horrors of Amsterdam.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More