Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Need Help Here Figuring Out John DiIullio

I read this piece by John DiIullio over at Faith in Public Life.org, and I need help. Seriously. There is no argument here. There is no through-line, as they say. There is a jumble of unconnected facts, disorganized ramblings, discussions of "soft" versus "hard" power, a swipe at academic myopia vis-a-vis religion (although never noting that Europe has been quite successful in a number of ways in its post-Christian ways; as the Euro is the new currency of choice rather than the dollar, we might hesitate before we start criticizing those silly Europeans).

In any event, could someone please click the link, read the article, and explain to me what might have been DiIullio's point? I see none. Honestly. I looked and looked. Nothing. It wasn't even a good typing exercise.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More