Thursday, August 28, 2008

Odd Feeling - A Personal Note

Someone with whom I work has read this blog, and I have to say that I feel distinctly odd about it. On the one hand, I invited this person to do so. On the other hand, it is a bit like having someone who sees you everyday and seems to understand who you are and what you're about suddenly see you in a whole different way. I suppose I shouldn't care all that much - this is a public blog, anyone can read it - yet, I do. I feel . . . self-conscious in a way I haven't before. It's one thing to have people I've never met come around and get in to all sorts of discussions and arguments. It is quite another to have someone who is a good friend, yet whose exposure is limited to certain professional tasks (and the inevitable private discussions and joking that happens between colleagues), discover a whole side of oneself they did not know existed.

I'll try to keep things the way they have always been. I can't help but feel a little exposed. For this person's sake, I suppose the best way to proceed is "as usual".

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More