Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Reminiscing

One Christmas Eve, perhaps when I was in fifth grade, perhaps sixth, I was sequestered by direct order of my parents to the TV room as the 'rents went about wrapping presents, my mother baked, and the older siblings did this, that, and the other. I think I was a bit peeved at the time, but I have to admit that, in retrospect, it was one of the better Christmas Eve's I ever spent. We received WPIX-11 out of New York City on our local cable, and at the time it was completely independent. On that particular Festivus Eve, it ran a whole day's worth of Our Gang comedies, Laurel and Hardy shorts (including a couple silent ones), and thanks to that, I will forever associate these great old short films with Christmas. The following is part of a 1933 short, "The Kid from Borneo".

Here are Stan and Ollie, in "Flying Deuces".

What would old comedy shorts be without The Three Stooges? Here, in two parts, are "I Want My Mummy"

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More