Monday, September 01, 2008

Disgusting

All I will say concerning the discussion of Gov. Palin's daughter is that this type of thing has no place in our public discourse. Period. It has nothing to do with her qualifications (or quite obvious lack thereof) for the Vice Presidency. It is a terrible invasion of the privacy of a seventeen year old girl and her family who have quite enough on their minds right now.

One more thing. John McCain is rightly criticized (although it's difficult to find any mention of the whole incident in traditional media) for a horrible joke he told about Chelsea Clinton (I refuse to repeat it). I fail to see any qualitative distinction between that joke and this post over at tbogg. I say this knowing full well that I will probably get some kind of criticism from someone about this. Sorry, but there is no way anyone can convince me this has any place in a political debate about Gov. Palin's fitness for national office.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More