Monday, June 16, 2008

Music Monday

If you're wondering where all your requests went, the answer is simple. While the response was wonderful, the content available at YouTube sucked. If there are any other places out there on the web where I can find music videos, let me know, and we shall try again.

I am embarrassed to say that there is some music out there that I know I am supposed to like, but I just don't. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get in to it. The first and best example of this is Elvis Costello. I realize he is supposed to be this great songwriter, etc., etc. He just doesn't do it for me. I have tried to like even his semi-popular stuff, like "My Aim is True (Allison)", but, sorry, no can do.

Another band I just don't get is Los Lonely Boys. Hyped by critics and fans, I hear this and I wonder what all the fuss is about.

Finally, I heard an interview on "Fresh Aire" last week with Sheryl Crow. Good God, how did this woman become an icon for serious music fans? Other than dating Eric Clapton and Lance Armstrong, I fail to see or hear anything worth spending money on here. Am I dense, obtuse, musically-challenged, or biased? I don't know. I just can't seem to understand the attraction.

If I've disappointed anyone with my philistine ways, I can only say "I'm sorry" and hope to make up for it in the future.

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More