Friday, April 27, 2007

More Music Because I Won't Be Here Saturday

My friend, Jim Bush-Resko, who has rediscovered me (and I him, for which I am very thankful), introduced me to Metallica sometime in 1985-1986. He first recorded Master of Puppets for me in the spring of that year. Along with the title track, "Sanitarium", and "Leper Messiah", "The Thing That Should Not Be" is among my favorite tracks on that particular release. A nice collection of quotes from H. P. Lovecraft stories.

Along with Metallica, I was also introduced that year to Metallica alum Dave Mustaine's band, Megadeath. Perhaps not as musically adventurous, but fast, loud, cheesy, and fun. This is "Symphony of Destruction".

Along with being the ugliest man in rock, I once heard that Lemmy said of his band Motorhead, "We're the kind of band that, if we moved in next door to you, we'd kill your lawn." You gotta love 'em. The first of the fast metal bands, beyond parody because they are so earnest. They are the model for Spinal Tap in many ways, but they do rock. This is "Iron Fist".

Virtual Tin Cup

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More